For the first time, we actually scheduled an official meetup and panel for RPPR fans at Gen Con. Most of the RPPR crew showed up and a TON of fans did as well. We played a few games, answered questions, talked about the podcast, game design, and of course had a Ross Payton Horrible Monster impersonation contest. Enjoy!
We are back from Gen Con, bearing many stories and more importantly, loot! Because so many of us went to Gen Con, this double length episode features 3 round table discussions. Learn about True Dungeon, new games, crafting workshops, meetups, and more!
- True Dungeon: Not quite LARPing, definitely not tabletop dungeon crawling.
- Bloodborne Card Game: Based on the video game – a semi-cooperative/competitive monster hunting game.
- God Hates Charades: It’s like charades but with filthy minded cards.
- Red Dragon Inn: A game about fantasy adventurers out drinking each other at a tavern.
- Escape the Booth: An escape room and tabletop game
- Battle of Hogwarts: Not out yet, but sounds quite fun for all Harry Potter fans.
- Konflikt 47: A weird World War 2 skirmish game based on the Bolt Action system from Warlord Games.
- Dragonstone Mine:A Kickstarted board game that looks like fun.
- Dominion: Empires: A new expansion for Dominions that offers new mechanics and more advanced gameplay.
News: RPPR Tabletop Tales is up and running! Check our newest podcast of campaign actual play. Our first campaign, the Dresden Files, is currently on its first season. Also, be sure to check out Thrilling Intent on Youtube. Caleb and I will be guests on their livestream on April 30th at 5 pm EST when Faust runs Delta Green. Watch this video for more details.
Synopsis: A lot of gamers get stuck in a routine of only ever playing a few of their favorite systems. Bill, Dan, Faust, and I talk about the joys and challenges of learning and running new RPGs. We talk about new systems that aren’t even out yet, like Upwind and Red Markets, and published systems like Feng Shui 2 and Dresden Files. We also have shout outs and anecdotes!
- Noisy Person Cards: A fun party card game put out by the fine folks at the One Shot Podcast.
- Curse of Strahd: A new 5E D&D adventure set in Ravenloft. An excellent book for any GM.
- Lithium Hosting: RPPR’s new web host. Great customer service!
- Hyper Light Drifter: A new indie Zelda-ish action RPG. Faust approved!
- Black Tapes: A horror story podcast worth checking out.
- Discovering Scarfolk: A book about a sinister and hidden village in England.
- Tanis Podcast: A weird fiction podcast by the same people behind Black Tapes.
- Duolingo: Want to learn a new language? Try this free app out.
- Art of Eating Through the Zombie Apocalypse: Part cook book, part survival guide. Worth it for the Red Markets idea fodder.
- Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: A rehash of Forgotten Realms material from previous editions.
- Enter the Gungeon: An action game that combines dungeon crawling with GUNS. So many guns.
- Idea Channel and Game/Show Channel on Youtube from PBS. Great videos on a bunch of cool topics.