Synopsis: This episode will begin a new series of episodes, each focusing on a particular game system. This time, we talk about the transhuman sci-fi game, Eclipse Phase. Caleb joins Tom and I to discuss our reactions to reading, playing and running the game. The game can be intimidating at first, especially with the exotic technology and setting. Even once you get used to the game, there are more subtle pitfalls that can unbalance a game.Plus Tom has a letter, shout outs from all three of us and an Eclipse Phase anecdote about robbing a bank ON THE MOON
If you liked this discussion, comment on what game we should talk about next!
- RPPR Minecraft Server: Join us! Just don’t be a douche.
- Eclipse Phase Character Generator: Download the most recent version.
- Eclipse Phase NPC Files: Essential for anyone running a game of EP.
- Spirit of Redemption: Mass Effect serial fanfiction.
- Next Time on Lonny: Hilarious web series that must be seen. Dog Moon told me so.
- Hunger Games – Training Days: A Hunger Games board game.
- Bubbles and Troubles: A Cthulhu Dark scenario written by a RPPR listener. Only 99 cents!
- Drunk and Ugly Podcast: They’re running my campaign Road Trip. If you’re AP fiend, give them a listen!
- You Are Not So Smart: A primer on cognitive biases and pop neuroscience.
- Fright Night: The remake is surprisingly good. Worth watching.
- Glue Some Gears On It: Steampunk is dead. Long live Steampunk.
- Unspeakable! A new episode will be online soon.
- Humble Bundle 4: Get vidya games for cheap and donate to charity.
- Zone One: Life after a zombie apocalypse is not so fun.