News: Support RPPR by contributing to the Base Raiders Kickstarter.Get at least the PDF and you’ll gain access to 10 preview RPPR Actual Play episodes upon the conclusion of the campaign.
RPPR friend Cody Walker has his own Kickstarter up for Noir City. Help bring his comic to life!
Synopsis: It wouldn’t be October without at least one horror themed episode of RPPR. Tom and I discuss what makes a horror story set in the here and now unique (2012). Isolation is no longer geographic thanks to smartphones with GPS but it is still possible to isolate players in different ways. Furthermore, we have new trends in horror storytelling, like the emergence of the creepypasta subgenre. Marble Hornets and the SCP Wiki are great material for your next horror game. Of course the real horror comes from real life. Aside from isolation, we have a growing panopticon, the ongoing global economic crisis, the rise of fascism, and online stalking/bullying. This makes the year of the Mayan Apocalypse a great place for a horror story. Plus Tom reads a letter and we have shout outs an anecdote.
- Seven Psychopaths: A brilliant film by Martin McDonagh about love and psycopaths.
- The Revenant: A hilariously awesome horror-comedy about an undead guy and his best friend.
- The Kerberos Club FATE edition: Victorian era superheroes with the FATE rule set.
- Metagamers Anonymous: A new gaming podcast that just interviewed me!
- Carpe GM Gamecast: Another new gaming podcast that interviewed me!
- Ultraviolet: A BBC miniseries about secret agents hunting vampires.