The Red Markets Kickstarter is over but the work isn’t over yet! Caleb and I discuss how the campaign went and what we learned. Like any campaign, there were some surprises along the way. Find out what they were and what’s next for Red Markets. Thanks again for your support!
News: Base Raiders: From the Underground is now available! It collects the first nine PDF supplements into one handy supplement. Get it in print and PDF or just PDF. Red Markets is in its last week. Back it now to get a full color hardcover book AND a ton of great PDF supplements!
Synopsis: I’ve started a new Base Raiders campaign and I’m excited! The first session went pretty well, so Aaron, Bill, Caleb, and I got together to talk about getting campaigns started and what they like and what they don’t like. We hit on topics ranging from establishing the tone of the campaign, warning signs for bad campaigns, and dealing with character progression over the course of the campaign. We also have shout outs and anecdotes!
- Hot Art: A fascinating book on the world of art crime.
- Cthulhusattva: Anthology of Cthulhu mythos stories about cosmic enlightenment and horror.
- Defying Doomsday: Apocalyptic stories about disabled and chronically-ill protagonists.
- Blood and Wine: The last DLC for the Witcher 3, a high quality RPG.
- The Jerry Drive: An art project to celebrate VHS tapes and civilization.
- Dead by Daylight: Four survivors try to escape one slasher in this online video game.
- Backpack of Holding: High quality backpack on Thinkgeek.
- Easyrollerdice.com: Good place to buy dice and dice bags online.
- Voltron Legendary Defender: New Voltron on Netflix about robot lions or whatever.
- Steel Series Apex 350 keyboard: A good keyboard for gaming.
Synopsis: Structuring a Kickstarter is a difficult task. A game designer has to predict how much it will fund. Overshoot a goal and the Kickstarter will fail. Undershoot the goal may result in stretch goal hell, especially if the stretch goals aren’t planned properly. Caleb discusses his thoughts when he structured the Red Markets Kickstarter and what advice he got from other game designers. Remember that a wildly successful Kickstarter can bankrupt a company if it was not planned well enough. What has Caleb decided? Find out in this special episode!
If you enjoy this podcast, backing the Red Markets Kickstarter is a great way of showing support. Thanks to everyone who has already backed it!