News: RPPR episodes are going to be a bit slower because I want to ensure quality episodes. We should have some game designer workshops this year because Caleb and I are both working on various projects. Our weekly livestreams (every Sunday!) on the RPPR Patreon Discord are going strong with better quality audio. Join the Patreon to get an invite to the Discord!
Synopsis: One page games are only growing in popularity but what makes a good one? Baz has an idea for his own one page game so Birk and I talk to him about it. We discuss some one page games and what we like in a good one page game. Some of our examples are:
- Teardown: a game about destroying things and speedrunning.
- Pawn Sacrifice: a film about the 1972 World Chess Championship.
- Unemployed Wine Guy: An alcohol review and discussion Youtube Channel
- Monster Train: a deckbuilding video game that is very addictive
- tardiobscurus: a great Japanese music mix Youtube channel
- Tasting History: a food history and cooking Youtube channel
- Goodbye, Dragon Inn: a film about the last screening at a rundown theater in Taiwan.
- Cola Splash: an EDM DJ
- How the ‘Layers of Fear’ Dev Copy/Pasted Their Way to Notoriety: A video explaining what Layers of Fear ripped off
News: Be sure to check out Good Brew Bad View’s episode with Caleb as a guest! Also, Maddy is streaming speedruns of Hades on Twitch.
Synopsis: It seems a lot of tabletop RPG Kickstarters are 5E D&D compatible settings or standalone games based on established franchises. Hellboy, Stargate, and Middle Earth all have 5E games. Special guest Max from Good Views Bad Brews Podcast, Aaron, Tom, and I pick some franchises and come up with better game ideas than simply slapping 5E rules on it. We cover everything from Hellblazer to Great British Bakeoff to classics like Olympus has Fallen.
- Tacoma: A sci-fi game about uncovering the mystery of an abandoned space station
- Ghost Dog: A movie about an eccentric assassin
- Yakuza 0: a prequel game to the Yakuza series
- Southbound: An anthology horror film set in the Southwest
- Gunsmith: A vidya game about smithing guns
- Moonstruck: One of the best romcoms of the 80s
- Abattoir: a horror movie about haunted houses and a cult
- Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition: It’s Silent Hill but better
- Fuser: A new rhythm game about Djing
- Commander in Cheat: Trump cheats at golf. Huge shock I know.
In this episode, we talk about potential games to make about Rio Olympics, plus part 2 of the Future King review, a review of Glory Hole Dwarven Mine from Judge’s Guild, and Tom brings in Mutazoids. We create a PC, Terry.