Our Kickstarter for Boiling Point is still going on and we could use your support! It occurred to me that no one has heard from the actual author of Boiling Point, Peter Nielsen. He’s a first time author and I’m a first time publisher (of another person’s work) so I thought talking about it would make for a good episode. In this, we talk about how Boiling Point came to be, how Peter wrote the first drafts, Kickstarter, the Base Raiders setting, and how playtesting comes into the process. Once Boiling Point is done we will try for a followup interview to talk about the process after the Kickstarter is done.
Synopsis: History is a rich tapestry waiting to be explored, but how should you implement historical events into games? Tom and I have some experience with this, so we talk about how to prepare for historical games and what kind of history works best. Even if you’re a player, this can help with your experiences enjoying this type of game. Tom also has a letter, plus we have shout and anecdotes.
- Night Voices, Night Journeys: An anthology of Japanese horror fiction based on the Cthulhu mythos.
- Champion: A stand up comedy act by Steve Byrne
- Wasteland 2: It is finally out! Go and reclaim the wastes, desert ranger.
- Breakfast Cult: Anime high school meets cosmic horror. A winning combination!
- Drunk and Ugly: Listen to their playtest of Boiling Point.
- Misdirected Mark Podcast: An interview with Ross and Peter Nielsen (author of Boiling Point)
News: Please support our latest Kickstarter, Boiling Point! It’s a brand new adventure for Base Raiders and stretch goals will include a death trap focused supplement by Caleb!