Synopsis: The beta for Red Markets has been out for a while, so Caleb now has to deal with feedback and resisting the urge to change the game during the beta. Dealing with a community playing an incomplete game leads to unique challenges for the game designer, which we discuss in detail. Be sure to check the RPPR forums for threads like this about Red Markets.
Sponsor: This episode of RPPR is sponsored by Mystical Throne Entertainment. You’ll find a variety of settings covering dark fantasy, historical fantasy, horror, Greek mythology, modern action, and sci-fi.
Synopsis: In many groups, most role playing happens between players and the GM, not between the players. In this episode, Tom, Aaron, Bill, and I discuss how to encourage intra-party role playing and when is too much. Bill also reviews the new 5E D&D book, Out of the Abyss, in great detail. Plus, shout outs and anecdotes
- Night Mind: A Youtube channel that explains creepypasta serials like Marble Hornets
- Eureka: A comedic sci-fi series now on Netflix
- SciShow: A Youtube channel that explains science, like the 5 most dangerous chemicals and Turbo Encabulator.
- Delta Green Fiction: Check out Strange Authorities, Through A Glass Darkly, Denied to the Enemy, and Tales of Failed Anatomies. Great horror fiction!
- Turbo Kid: A retro sci-fi action film about post-apocalyptic Canada (?)
- Blunt Talk: A new comedy series starring Sir Patrick Stewart as a drug addicted fop
- Play Unsafe: A book of great advice for GMing
- Mythos Society Guide to New England: A useful book for running games in Lovecraft Country
- Arkham Archivist: A blog by Cthulhuchick
No Soul Left Behind, a full campaign for Better Angels, written by RPPR’s Caleb, is now available for purchase. In this special interview, you can hear how the book came to be, Greg Stolze’s thoughts on it, and a lot more! From hilarious playtesting stories to lessons learned on game design, this discussion covers everything you wanted to know about No Soul Left Behind. Don’t forget to listen to the RPPR Playtest campaign, if you haven’t already.