Synopsis: Thad and I both have ideas for scenarios. I got an idea for an investigative scenario (probably Delta Green) after I watched a series called Fear City. It focuses on the FBI’s prosecution of the mafia in the early 80s and how wiretapping was a key component. So I thought why not build a scenario around wiretapping? Thad recently read a book called Strike about the history of labor organizing and thought that would be an interesting challenge for a Red Markets game. In this episode, we talk about our ideas and how to structure them as adventures.
Follow Thad’s Twitter profile to keep up with his latest work, including his upcoming Twitch stream!
- Collection of Saga Final Fantasy Legend: The old gameboy FF games brought to the Switch
- Come Drink With Me: A wuxia classic. Kung fu and amazing storytelling.
- Strike: A history of labor organizing.
- Bar the Windows, Bolt the Doors: a story telling horror game.
- Sensor: The newest Junji Ito horror masterpiece.
- Grave Encounters 1 and 2: Architectural horror films. A very niche subgenre but I love it.
- Streets of Rogue: An action roguelike video game with surprising complexity.
- Psychonauts 2: An incredible platformer video game about healing trauma.
There’s one Palladium RPG we’ve barely mentioned and it’s now time to dissect it. Ninjas and Superspies is a bizarre mix of high tech espionage and martial art mysticism. It supposedly contains 41 unique martial art forms but as Baz, Rob, and I discover, it’s a bit weirder than that.
News: We’re remastering classic actual play episodes of RPPR! If you want to listen to Lady Gaga 2.0 with improved audio quality, download the episode here. If you want to pick which classic episodes are edited, back the RPPR Patreon before September 6. We’re running a special offer and I’ll be adding more rewards to the offer during this time. If the special offer does well, I’ll start remastering a lot of our episodes, including campaigns like Know Evil. Learn more on our Patreon post.
Synopsis: Gaming with the same people for years has its advantages and disadvantages. Aaron, Tom, and I discuss the differences between playing with regular friends versus new players. We also talk about how to avoid getting stale in long term game groups and how to add new players into groups.
- The Empty Man: a horror film about a sinister cult and the power of the tulpa.
- Patron: a new city builder video game
- Green Knight: A new movie about the Arthurian poem Gawain and the Green Knight
- Godzilla Singular Point: a Netflix anime series about Godzilla and it’s pretty great
- Cooking Simulator: a video game about cooking
- Faust: An amazing surreal re-telling of the Marlowe play. Directed by the legendary Jan Švankmajer
- Caveat: An Irish thriller about a man trapped in a strange house with a stranger woman
- No End House: Season 2 of Channel Zero, an excellent horror TV series. Architectural horror!
Song: No Rave Shit by 2 Mello