News: Check out the schedule for our schedule for livestreaming on the RPPR Patreon Discord! Also, we’ve been posting some banger episodes on the Mixed Six, so don’t forget to check that out if you haven’t already!
Synopsis: Caleb and I have recently watched the classic Argento film, Deep Red, and it sparked a discussion on investigative games. It demonstrates the challenge of interpreting clues versus finding clues. It also shows the perils of chasing red herrings. If you’ve struggled to run a good mystery game, especially a Gumshoe Engine game, this episode is for you!
- Slay the Spire: An addicting deck-building roguelike game
- Hades: An addicting action RPG roguelike
- Carrion: An excellent horror-themed metroidvania game
- The Invitation: a thriller about a dinner party
- The Beach House: a horror flick about cosmic horror and awkward dinner parties
- The Wide Carnivorous Sky: a collection of horror short stories
- Radiant Dawn: A Delta Green-esque horror novel
Caleb has restarted work on Slingstone, his superhero-slaying RPG. We have some playtests of the first version of Slingstone on RPPR B-Sides volume 5 if you want to hear that. I have an idea for a zine system-free version of Night Clerk, one of our more popular AP episodes. We also talk about creativity in the age of Covid-19.
News: If you haven’t listened to Night Clerk Radio in a while, check out our most recent episodes. We’ve fine-tuned our editing, so they’re even better than before! The RPPR Patreon is back on track, after a slight delay last month. Be sure to check out our latest After Hours episode where we playtest a game about making up bad game ideas.
Synopsis: I am running a Blades in the Dark campaign so I got Aaron, Bill and Jeff Barber (who has run his own campaign of Blades in the Dark) to discuss the system and setting. We talk about our favorite parts, least favorite, and ideas for other games. If you’re curious about this game, give this episode a listen!
- He is a Good Boy: a weird epic comic from KC Green about a lil acorn.
- UVG: A weird fantasy RPG about traveling across a weird world.
- Lord of Light: A Rober Zelazny fantasy novel
- The Other Side of the Mountain: a weird fiction novella about a doomed expedition to the New World
- Tabletopia: A virtual board game app with support for many board games
- Rwby critique: Hbomberguy discusses the animu series for 2.5 hours 😮
- The Edge Dawnfell: a tabletop wargame with cool factions and rules
- Odin Makes: a cosplay crafting Youtube channel
- Paratopic: a short weird horror video game stylized as a PS1 game.