Synopsis: In this episode, we bring in Aaron and David to discuss their experiences at Gencon 2011. Aaron ran three sessions of a Monsters and Other Childish Things game based on the Secrets of NIMH while this was David’s first Gencon. David cosplayed as an anime character, so he had a different experience. We also go over our purchases at Gencon and share more anecdotes from con games.
- The Last Lovecraft: A horror-comedy about the Cthulhu Mythos and H.P. Lovecraft.
- Stealing Cthulhu: the perfect resource to jumpstart your next Cthulhu mythos based game
- The Noodle Company: Holy shit they have great noodles
- 7 Wonders: A board game of skill and strategy
- LFG volume 2: If you like the webcomic, you’ll like this print collection
- Hobomancer: Magic hobos fight crime or evil or some junk. Awesome name for a game
- Arkham Horror: It’s still the best Cthulhu themed board game ever
- Shane Ivey: Keep up with the Arc Dream publisher on Twitter
- Adam Scott Glancy: BUY HIS BOOKS
- Mutuk Wolfsbreath Hard Boiled Shaman: Film Noir meets Siberian shamanism. AND IT WORKS
- The Hunger Games: Battle Royale as a YA novel series. Very gameable material