Sponsor: For the latest news covering the entire tabletop role-playing industry, turn to Roleplayers Chronicle at roleplayerschronicle.com!
Synopsis: We’ve talked a lot about campaign structure in the past but in this episode we discuss a new way to think about your campaigns. Namely, how to make a character-focused campaign as opposed to a sandbox or central plot focused game. We use long standing TV series to illustrate the differences and use our own personal experiences to provide helpful advice about it. We also have special guest, Thad from the AP podcast, show up. No letter from Tom, but we do have three letters from listeners and shout outs!
- Soundless Mountain: Well-made demake of Silent Hill 2
- Adventure Time: We’re spirits of inquiry and BLOODLUST!
- Juan of the Dead: This is the best zombie movie of 2012, at least so far. Cuban zombie comedy masterpiece!
- Artemis Spaceship Simulator: We’re going to play it for real and record it for you!
- Rimward: The newest Eclipse Phase sourcebook, focusing on the outer solar system.
- Apocalypse Codex: The newest Laundry novel from Charles Stross. Cthulhu plus computers!
- The League: Hilarious comedy series about fantasy football.
- Twilight Imperium: Insanely long and complex sci-fi conquest board game that is generally awesome.
- Roll20: New virtual tabletop system that looks pretty cool.