RPPR Episode 80: A Good Clean FightBy
News: Base Raiders, the new RPPR Kickstarter is nearing completion. Help us meet a few more stretch goals! Contribute now!
Learn more at the Base Raiders website.
Synopsis: Combat is the heart and soul of many RPGs but running exciting combat is harder to pull of than it seems. It often descends into tedious “I hit you you” dice rolling contests or incoherent arguments over stunting and other combat rules. How do you balance those extremes? Tom and I discuss how we keep fights interesting in a game and what players can do their part.
Instead of a letter from Tom, we read two listener letters, plus shout outs and an anecdote!
- Hotline Miami: Brutal, fast-paced combat and great music. Game of the Year 2012!
- The Curse and Curse 2: Crazy 1980s horror movies with good special effects
- Miami Connection: The best movie of the 198s0. Cocaine ninjas and Dragon Sound!
- Drive: Brilliant neo-noir thriller about a driver who makes some poor life decisions.
- Kicking It: Want to run a successful Kickstarter? Monte Cook has some good advice.
- Godzilla the Half Century War: a Godzilla story about the poor saps in the tanks shooting at Godzilla.
- Invasive Procedures: You’ve listened to the actual play. Now run it for your group!
- Zombie Cinema: Fun little storytelling game of player conflicts and zombies.
Music: Le Combat by David Cyr