News: Patreon is keeping the current fee structure. If you canceled your patronage to RPPR because of the proposed changed, fear no more! Everything will be the same.
Synopsis: Labyrinths and mazes may seem similar but they diverge in one important aspect. A labyrinth has only one path to its goal (linear) while a maze features multiple paths to multiple destinations (nonlinear). Bill and I talk about designing linear and nonlinear scenarios and their place in creating great campaigns. We also have shout outs and anecdotes!
- The Labyrinth in Culture and Society:A fascinating examination of the trope from ancient to modern times.
- Retronauts podcast: Old school vidya games covered in detail.
- Ultimate Beastmaster: Why do I find this dumb show so entertaining?
- I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats: More than you could ever imagine about the band and their songs.
- Killing Floor 2: Now with chicken suit. All is complete.
- Node Based Scenario Design: Good blog article on the episode’s topic.
- Night in the Woods: Fun indie video game about living in a small town.
- Chillhop Music: A lofi hip hop record label. I dig it!
Song: Old Haunts by 2 Mello