Jeff Barber, designer of Blue Planet and Upwind, stopped by recently so we caught up on how Upwind has been progressing. While the main game is done, Jeff is hard at work on the first campaign. Creating a new style for Upwind adventures and getting feedback from playtesters, has been challenging. I’ve been busy working on a freelance project, but I wrote a micro-game to take a break from it. After I saw Honey Heist, I thought I could write a micro-game, so I created Weird Trip I uploaded the alpha rules and the first playtest to the RPPR Patreon, but I’ll eventually release it to the public.
The Mixed Six website is now up! We are currently submitting the podcast to iTunes and all other podcast services. If you enjoy The Mixed Six please subscribe to it on your podcasting app of choice. Caleb has also started a Patreon to support The Mixed Six.
- Oatmeal Stout by Free State Brewing Company AND El Gose by Avery: In this week’s Dissecting Our Fun, Spence and Caleb talk about Cargo Noir and the importance of accessibility in games.
- Aunt Sally by Lagunitas: The Armchair Directors compare notes on their bottom 5 superhero films and argue about what it truly means to suck.
- Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout by Rogue Brewing: In Nerdsplainer, Caleb sees how many disbelieving guffaws he can provoke from Spence by explaining the evolution of SpeedRunning.
- Tell-Tale Tart by Boulevard Brewing Company: In Binge Binger, the crew talks about shows they were forced to watch and came to like as a psychological coping mechanism. It’s Stockholm Syndrome television time.
- Antique Amber by Crown Valley Brewing Company: In Dear Mixed Six, a seemingly innocent question about S’mores sends one of the hosts into an enraged fugue state.
- Christmas Ale by Schlafly Brewing Company: Finally Drunk Enough, Spence and Caleb provide a loving read of the Singularity and our boy RAY-K.
Welcome! Spencer, Caleb, and Producer Ross are trying something new. On The Mixed Six, we drink six beers and have six conversations. It’s a variety show that slurs its speech, and we’d love to get some feedback on it.
- Beer 1: Professional Drinking with Mother’s Brewing Company’s Imperial Three Blind Mice. Spence and Caleb talk about how this is all a tax dodge for their alcoholism.
- Beer 2: Dissecting Our Fun with the Green Flash’s Passionfruit Kicker. We geek out about the game Potion Explosion and the rarity of perfect information games
- Beer 3: Armchair Director with Deshutes Jubeale. ”Tis the season to argue about our Top 5 Christmas movies
- Beer 4: Sportsplainer with Mother’s Brewing Company’s Backyard Wheat. Spence educates Caleb and Ross about field goal percentages at Mile High Stadium
- Beer 5: Binge Binger with Boulevard’s Snow and Tell We lay it all on the line and open up about our guiltiest TV pleasures.
- Beer 6: Drunk Enough with Sierra Nevada’s Narwhal. As fueling up for just such an occasion, Spence and Caleb discuss if it’s even possible to defeat cognitive dissonance and how it’s done.
Music: Below the fold