Synopsis: We’ve been talking about adventure and campaign design lately, so we thought it would be appropriate for an episode on horror campaigns and how to run them. The pacing for a horror campaign is different because characters in these games tend to wear down through attrition. Thus, you have to take into account their reduced capabilities when designing adventures or plan for a new way to insert new player characters when the existing ones die or go mad. Furthermore, less is more when it comes to horror. A slight aberration from the mundane is often more terrifying than random tentacle monsters. Tom did not write a letter but we do have shout outs and anecdotes.
- Nostalgic Critic: The Haunting – find out which was the best version of this haunted house movie.
- Z.N.A: Journey: A zombie apocalypse ebook. Short and entertaining.
- Patton Oswalt – Finest Hour: A new comedy CD by Patton Oswalt.
- Fantasy by DYE: Electro song with epic music video. NSFW.
- Prince of Darkness: Part of John Carpenter’s Apocalypse trilogy.
- The Dedicated: A modded Killing Floor server with new weapons and high level perks.
- The Thing: Classic alien sci-fi horror and part of the Apocalypse trilogy.
- The Hunger Games Trilogy: Great dystopian sci-fi novel series.
- In the Mouth of Madness: Lovecraftian horror film and part of the Apocalypse trilogy.