RPPR Episode 91: Gen Con 2013 Wrapup

News: Base Raiders is nearly complete! The PDF should be available to backers around September 10! Caleb is starting a new podcast through RPPR called Game Designer’s Workshop. Expect the first episode in the next month. Also, check out his blog post about Gen Con at Hebanon Games.

Synopsis: Another Gen Con has come and gone. This year, Tom, Aaron, Caleb, and I quested for the most awesome of gaming conventions and lo and behold did we have a good time. We recount our experiences running games, attending events, meeting great authors and designers, and the RPPR fan meetup! We also got a lot of new games to try out for the Actual Play podcast, so keep an eye out for that. Cosplay, PC mishaps, history lessons, and Night Vale dominated this year, so if you want to find out exactly If you met one of us at the con, be sure to say hi in the comments! I’m sorry I didn’t catch everyone’s name.

Shout Outs:

Song: Gamer Funk by the FuMP

14 comments for “RPPR Episode 91: Gen Con 2013 Wrapup

1. QuickreleasePersonalitY
    August 24, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Man, that hyperimaginative UFO cultist has jumpstarted so many ideas, helped birth so many dreams…kudos to him :3

2. Suloyapla
    August 24, 2013 at 8:11 pm

@38:35: Hey, thanks for the shout-out Caleb!

3. Fridrik
    August 25, 2013 at 3:24 am

Yay for Caleb screwing up in real time!

4. August 25, 2013 at 10:20 am

I write about a lot of the new projects mentioned in this episode here:http://hebanongames.com/unwrapping-gencon-part-two-big-announcements/

5. Dan
    August 25, 2013 at 6:02 pm

It was very cool meeting you at the con, Ross. I hope next year scheduling will work out better so I can meet more of the RPPR crew.

6. August 25, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Yeah Dan, it was great meeting you! RPPR and MU podcast should do something together sometime.

7. August 25, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Hey guys, it was great getting to meet you at the con! A big thank you for the shout out to Fistful of Misanthropes, Caleb! I know both my friend Richard, who you met, and I really appreciate it and we’re honored you like our actual play of your scenario as much as you did. Ross, thanks for running Operation: Eyes Down for us, it was a blast despite our severely lacking OpSec and my character’s archaeological intrigue getting the better of her! Thanks again and hope to see you all next year!

8. Kevin
    September 3, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Ross, Kevin from Canada thanks for the shout out. Operation Eyes Down was great. It was the best game of the dozen I played at the Con

9. crawlkill
    September 10, 2013 at 3:28 am

Ross Payton! I trusted you! have listened to all of Welcome to NIght Vale in the last few days because of YOU and its status as queer lit can’t absolve it of the weather breaking the tone nine eps out of ten and the general SO RANDOM nerd humor feel. but I’ll keep listening to it, because unhhh.

10. September 10, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Well, I am a horrible monster. But, sadly, Crawlkill, my endorsement of Night Vale is not unique to me. Tom, Aaron, AND Caleb all enjoyed it as well. I guess we will have to chalk it up to different strokes for different folk.

11. crawlkill
    September 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I went through and Audacity’d out most of the disruptive weathers and it made it a lot more listenable fr me

12. timpossible
    September 16, 2013 at 3:13 am

I am some dude. And i know all of your voices.

13. KenR
    May 11, 2015 at 4:02 pm

The steampunk Ghostbuster Stay Puft marshamallow man that Aaron mentioned used to work with a friend of mine. It really is a small world.

I’d love to hear an Eternal Lies RPPR game, but I suppose it’s reasonable to take it one massive globe-spanning Cthulhu game at a time.