News: Base Raiders is nearly complete! The PDF should be available to backers around September 10! Caleb is starting a new podcast through RPPR called Game Designer’s Workshop. Expect the first episode in the next month. Also, check out his blog post about Gen Con at Hebanon Games.
Synopsis: Another Gen Con has come and gone. This year, Tom, Aaron, Caleb, and I quested for the most awesome of gaming conventions and lo and behold did we have a good time. We recount our experiences running games, attending events, meeting great authors and designers, and the RPPR fan meetup! We also got a lot of new games to try out for the Actual Play podcast, so keep an eye out for that. Cosplay, PC mishaps, history lessons, and Night Vale dominated this year, so if you want to find out exactly If you met one of us at the con, be sure to say hi in the comments! I’m sorry I didn’t catch everyone’s name.
- Transhuman: They thanked RPPR in it!
- Better Angels: Caleb is writing a campaign for it. We’re playtesting it now.
- Hackmaster: I got a copy of the new version, so we’ll be running that this fall.
- Eternal Lies: A new Trail of Cthulhu campaign, with its own soundtrack.
- Esoterrorists, Second Edition: More setting material and slightly revised rules.
- Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man: I finally have it, so we’ll be running a campaign of it very soon.
- 13th Age: A new d20 fantasy RPG with interesting new rule.
- Our Last, Best Hope: A new indie RPG that simulates Save the World narratives.
- Durance: Space Australia indie RPG
- Hillfolk: Finally got my copy of it and Blood on the Snow, so we will be running that as well.
- Call of Cathulhu: Cats fight the Mythos!
- Out of Space: A scenario anthology of Trail of Cthulhu adventures, including the Repairer of Reputation.
- Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle: I got this for Bill, so perhaps he will run some D&D Next this fall.
- The Final Revelation: Caleb picked up this horrifying anthology of Trail of Cthulhu adventures.
- Spark: an indie RPG about world creation and storytelling.
- Dungeon World: Finally got a few copies between us, so this is definitely on the queue for the AP podcast.
- Sinner: A new novel by Greg Stolze about a supervillain.
- Cards Against Humanity: We’re all terrible monsters.
- Double Tap: A new player’s handbook for Night’s Black Agents
- Mutants and Masterminds, 3rd Edition: 20% more mutants!