RPPR Actual Play: 4E Dungeons and Dragons – The New World Campaign Game 12

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Apologies to MSpaint adventures!

Apologies to MSpaint adventures!

It’s time for the final battle between the Thieves Guild and the heroic ragtag army of underdogs (i.e. the players)! Who will live? Who will die? Who will die, then live because the players bitch enough to make me change my ruling? Find out in Episode 12

Liked it? Take a second to support Ross on Patreon!

6 comments for “RPPR Actual Play: 4E Dungeons and Dragons – The New World Campaign Game 12

1. September 11, 2009 at 12:51 am

I didn’t like this as much as session 11, it felt like things got really bogged down quickly. The ending wrap up is alot of fun, I like fast forward character developement and I’m interested in the choices that the players make when given the chance to acquire power and resources.

2. AwesomeJF
    September 13, 2009 at 10:39 am

That was awesome. Can’t wait for the Paragon-level highjinks.

Dudes, these make a long work day flyby…

3. Arthur
    September 16, 2009 at 10:57 am

Enjoyed this one. ESPECIALLY the controversy over the properties of poison gas.

4. Ritz
    September 17, 2009 at 5:45 pm

I like how, every time a group starts playing 4E, there’s always a moment when the DM stares in disbelief at the fighter’s player when he starts talking about halting movement after an opportunity attack or getting a free basic attack against a marked enemy when it shifts. It happens with every single group.

5. Scrumpy7
    September 17, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Great episode! The battles did get a little tedious to listen to, but the payoff was worth it. I’m really looking forward to seeing where things go in paragon level!

6. kr1mz0n
    October 8, 2009 at 5:03 pm

So, i can’t tell if you guys are ignoring 50% (or more) of the rules because of ignorance, or because you just don’t care….

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying listening to your shenanigans, but seriously, half the errors are from rules you seem to grandfather in from 3.x, the other half, I’d guess, are clearly just assumptions on “oh, it sounds like this, so it must be that”

What I can’t tell, is if you’re just waiting for someone to come in here all rules-lawyery (like it’s no doubt sounding like I’m doing), or if perhaps someone has already done that, and you guys are just happy marching to the beat of your own drum.

Honsetly, though, I love the podcast (and the acutal plays even if they sometimes make my brain hurt) and have recommended it to others.